Home MTC
Home MTC for 2 weeks. The first few days were a struggle when Tyler realized his classes were all in Spanish and he doesn't speak Spanish. I'm so grateful he was home for this frustrating experience and that Brad and I were able to help him with some of the hard. We went to tacos for lunch almost every day. Brynn wanted Tyler to sit right next to her when they rode in the car. Tyler spent P-days with his best friend Jacob. Spanish was frustrating but it was so fun to see Tyler learn and grow and see how much he learned during those two weeks. During that time I gathered all the things Tyler might need. Tyler told me, "No missionary is as prepared as a missionary who's mom has high anxiety!" I wasn't sure whether that was a compliment or not but he was right, my anxiety of him leaving was eased by knowing he would be completely prepared physically. Tyler and I had a few early morning runs to try and find that runners high (we never found it and decided cross country runners have made that up and it doesn't really exist) and to help ease anxiety and get his brain kicked into gear to learn spanish. I loved when Tyler sprinted the last few blocks and then I found him on the ground dying. Some nights we watched psych while Tyler ate popcorn which is kinda his signature thing at night. We spent days spraying all of his clothes with permitherin so he wouldn't have issues with bugs. I had been collecting all the things for months and the time finally arrived to pack his bags. I ended up in tears thinking about him leaving as we packed but also I was so excited to watch God mold Tyler into a new man. Tyler had prepared for this for a long time and was more than ready to go. He couldn't wait to get to the CCM.
9/3/22 (Tyler’s email)
Well gentlemen, first week is over. I wrote my first letter type thing you know what I”m saying on a page and then I had to spend 45 minutes trying to figure out how to scan it onto the computer so goodness that’s a lot of time. I don’t include in the letter what I did today for my p-day, so here’s that because I know you are dying to know.
I did comp study.
Went bowling with Jacob.
Went to get donuts at pink box with Jacob (pretty mediocre by the way).
Went to la Cocina with Jacob (Mar gave me free food cause he’s a real one, by far my favorite restaurant).
Had a discussion about how I would take over the world if Pokémon was real with Jacob (I could do it easily btw).
Went to the bathroom.
Read Isaiah 9 (good chapter)
Wrote my mission letter.
Spent so long trying to figure out how to get my printer to scan the letter and transfer it onto the computer.
Wrote this.
I think after I’m gonna study Spanish and then more Isaiah.
Also probably gonna eat both ice cream bars, and umpqua cookie dough ice cream. I’m pretty excited for that.
Anyway, excited for next week, but enjoying having a little break.
End of information part of the email, look at one of the images for the aforementioned letter and some images I decided to send. I am not going to label them because you should be able to figure it out they’re pretty self explanatory.



Comments
Post a Comment