Senahu




































 First Area Senahu with Elder Campos as a trainer.

Tyler didn’t know Spanish yet and was sent to an are that mostly spoke Kekchi.  His companion spoke English and only had 6 months left on his mission.  Senahu is a beautiful area but it was super frustrating to be in a new culture and to not speak the language. 

10/17/22
To those,
I am creating 2 emails so sorry that you are getting 2, but this one is for the closer people.
This week has been ok.
Monday: I flew out.  Guatemala is very humid, not a fan.  Stayed in a fancy hotel which had the best food I had had to that point of my mission.  Slept.
Tuesday: Rode to Coban, talked to the Qetchi missionary and tried to learn a bit, but don’t remember any of it because of my bad memory.  
Did mission start stuff, interview with Pres., paperwork, all sorts of stuff.  Ate dinner at the mission home, new best.  Slept in the grossest house ever (not because the house was bad, the APs just didn’t clean it real good.”
Wednesday: Got comp assignment.  I have 3 comps because two are zone leaders and one is a fellow traine (Elder Campos - my trainer technically, Elder Hernandez - other trainer, Elder Smith - has Nate Wade energy but I’m learning to love him).  Not a big fan of 3 comps I like 1 better.  We drive to the area, I stay in a house with Elder Deen and some other people.
Thursday: We teach, and by we I mean Elder Hernandez and Campos teach while me and Elder Smith sit and don’t understand the Spanish they are saying (Half the time it is Qeqchi not Spanish because apparently I have to learn that too now).  It is tough.  The food in the mission is so good you would not believe it, but I think it may be doing something to me because I don’t need to poop from Monday until Sunday.  I sleep at Elder Guerrero, Monzon, and Poultons house, Elder Monzon declared me his son and gave me a pinkie ring and some sheets to borrow because mine are in my suitcase with my comp in another house.  
Friday: Pretty much the same as Thursday, we taught in Spanish and Qeqchi, I bore my testimony in Spanish.
Saturday: See Friday, but better food.
Sunday: I got called up to give my testimony at the stand, wasn’t that bad adn we did splits so just me and Elder Campos.  I developed a better hard working attitude and stopped being a baby about how hard Spanish was, talking with Elder Deen helped, in his words, “Yeah I’ve been here for 6 months, never studied Spanish, and I can speak just fine.” So that’s pretty neat.  Mediocre food.
Today: Doing a lot better, played soccer which I’m awful at, bought a rain jacket, ate some Ok food, sent out emails.
Overall harder than I thought it would be, but I”m getting better with just rolling with it, also the showers are cold which I don’t like, but it’s fine I don’t need to shower.  I do need to learn Qeqchi though, who knew. 
That is all for this week,
Elder McCoy

10/24/22
Hello All,
This week was touch, mission is gonna be tough as well be life, gotta learn how to let God prevail (see bible dictionary “Israel”)
Anyway it’s gonna be great.  I got to do a Qeqchi baptism on Thursday.  
I’ve learned more humility in the past few weeks than ever in my life, my key phrases are “yo no se” and “No Aprendo” (I don’t know and I don’t understand respectively).  Humility is a cool teacher I suppose.
That is all for this week,
Elder McCoy

10/31/22
Hello all,
This week has been tough, but a bit better than the last.
Yesterday I was very sick because I ate some mountain raspberries.
Tuesday: We had the multi-zone.  It was pretty nice, I like driving and I got some mini linguinis (cupcakes in Spanish).
Wednesday: Tough day.
Thursday: Elder Smith, Elder Campos, and I taught some, it was Elder Campos’s birthday so we had cake and ate dinner at Catrachas which is my favorite restaurant here.
Friday: Best day of my mission and it isn’t even close.  I went on splits with Elder Dean and actually understood what was going on and got to teach people stuff in an effective manner.  I learned a bunch of Spanish and how I can improve the way I teach and talk, the man is a real one for real.
Saturday: Tough to switch back to my comp, he kept getting upset that I didn’t understand him which was irksome.  I baptized a kid using Qeqchi which is neat I suppose.
Sunday: Went with Elder Hernandez to the mountains, lots of driving which is good, lots of Qeqchi which is bad.  Also rain was irksome.  This was the day I ate the mountain raspberries.
Honestly the toughest part right now is that my companion seems upset that he has to train me, he expects me to know all of Spanish and gets upset when I don’t know what something is.  He tells me I need to talk more, but if I ask him what a word is or means more than once he gets upset with me.  Luckily half way through this transfer and then I switch.
That is all.
Elder McCoy

11/7/22
Hello all,
not much to report, this week was tricky, as I assume most weeks will be until that day that I understand what is going on.
I had some chocolate cake which was good.
Had interviews with my mission president and ate some more cake, this time vanilla.
Tried to make pancakes, but they ended up being more like crepes, still fine thought.
Fasted for a day and was pretty hangry, you guys know how I get.
Also Elder Smith is the G.
That is all I think,
Elder McCoy

11/14/22
Greetings friends,
First is the cover story: My guy Elder Donaldson fought a turkey on Thursday, this huge turkey comes over and starts pecking at his leg and this guy tackles it to the ground.  What a guy.
Also we are watching the Disney movie Soul on Friday because it is a movie about the plan of salvation, so I thought that was funny.
Anyway, it’s going ok, still tough, but only one week until transfers.
That is all,
Elder McCoy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Cahabon

Flying to the CCM/ saying goodbye