Flying to the CCM/ saying goodbye

 We left at 4:30am to get Tyler to the airport.  He flew to Dallas and then had a layover for 5 hours and then flew to Mexico city.  He was picked up there and rode a bus to the CCM.  We waited for him to call for hours and hours and finally got an email that said 3 words, "I made it!"

The St George airport has a viewing area upstairs where you can watch the planes leave.  We sat with two other families and watched the plane load and then watched as it disappeared into the air.  We came home to letters from Tyler.  He left us all different things and each a letter.  Some were sweet and some were funny.  Tyler left me 10 letters but he hid all of them except the last one.  I spent hours and hours looking for other letters only to come up empty handed.  Later on he told me I'd find one about once a month but wouldn't find any sooner than that.  I'm writing this post in November and I still haven't found a letter.  Tyler can't remember where he hid them so he's no help on that.  

The day he left was a pretty rough day at our house.  There were many tears from all.  That night Spencer and Brynn both cried as I held them while they talked about Tyler and how much they missed him already.  

Tyler was able to call the next day, tell us about his travels, and share with us that he had made it to the MTC.  We talked for about 3 minutes and then he was off to class.

















Comments